Unless you’re absolutely new to Crave Local, you know we love our cocktails. (And if you’re new, thanks for checking us out!) So I was thrilled to find someone making cocktail and spirits-inspired soap as an Indiegogo campaign, The Soap Distillery. Danielle Martin was already a mixologist, so we’re excited to see that she’s blazing new frontiers in spirits – even if we can’t drink them.
Check out some of the amazing flavors she’s hoping to produce:
- Pumpkin IPA: Pumpkin Pie, meet IPA. This delicious smelling soap has everything you’d want in a good pumpkin pie, that’s for some reason been stuffed with some extra spices and hops. It’s got a nice soft pumpkin pie smell, with some extra clove and orange at the top, with a base of sharp musk. This soap has added pumpkin puree, oats, and oat extract for an exfoliating and skin rejuvenating experience.
- Black and Tan: With all the traditional roasted oatmeal and coffee notes of Guinness, paired with the brighter orange notes of Harp, this soap is a well balanced mix of two all time favorites. With added oat extract and beer, this soap will make you a new person without the hangover.
- Egg Nog: A classic holiday treat! Sweet vanilla and creamy egg custard mate together with a light sprinkle of nutmeg and spiked notes of brandy. Made with an added egg, this soap will tighten your pores and transfer you back to your first holiday party, before your friend puked into your favorite house plant.
- Winter Negroni: Campari is one of those liquors that has an acquired taste. It’s bitter, while at the same time being sweet. Pair that with the piney notes of juniper and the fruity sweet taste of vermouth and you’ve got a negroni. The best part of my winter negroni soap is that it’s not an acquired smell: Top notes of tangerine and orange blossom dance with winter fruits on a base of juniper and pine, and with added honey you can’t go wrong.
- Bourbon: A classic, kept classic. Smoky vetiver wrapped in a blanket of vanilla with just a touch of spice are blended to create this all time favorite scent. This is a favorite scent of both men and women, and has added keemun tea leaves for a light exfoliation.
She’s less than $200 away from her goal at the writing of this article, so this campaign is just moments from getting funded! These would be amazing gifts for the mixologist in your life, or even your friends who really need to stop shopping at Lush every week.
Check out The Soap Distillery at Indiegogo to find out more, and let’s get bourbon soap for everyone!
Thank you, Danielle, for the images and soap info! They sound delicious, and we promise to not eat them.