Spicy Gluten Free Mexican Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups of gluten free flour (Red Mill, Cup4Cup, etc)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of ginger powder
- 1/2 cup of walnuts, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups of butter at room temp
- 1 1/4 cups of brown sugar
- 1/2 sugar or agave syrup
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
- 8 oz of chocolate chunks
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients and set aside. Using an electric mixer, cream together eggs and brown sugar until light and fluffy (sugar should be dissolved). Add eggs one at a time until fully incorporated, scrapping down the bowl after each addition. Add in vanilla, then incorporate dry ingredients in 2 parts.
Fold in chocolate chunks. Using a large melon ball scoop, place the dough onto cookie sheet, leaving about an inch between each cookie. Bake for 10 minutes.
Transfer cookies onto a cooling rack and repeat until dough is gone. Makes about 2 dozen cookies.