DMK Burger Bar in Chicago is known for their innovative sandwich ideas. To celebrate the start of summer, DMK’s The Cuban Burger is a juicy, meaty burger topped with ham, shredded roast pork, provolone, mustard, and dill pickles on thick cut Tuscan style bread. Needless to say, it’s a serious, meat-lover’s dream come true!
Did you miss it? Here’s the recipe to try at home. We recommend a rather long walk before and after. This is one hefty sandwich.
DMK Burger Bar’s Cuban Burger Recipe
- 5 oz. of grass-fed ground beef
- Tuscan loaf
- House-made Cuban spiced pork butt recipe
- 1 thick slice of Nueske’s applewood smoked ham
- 1 slice provolone
- Yellow mustard (to taste)
- Dill pickle slices
- Cook the pork butt, shred and set aside.
- Create a round with the grass-fed ground beef, flatten to preferred thickness, and season on each side with salt and pepper. Place on flat top grill for 90 seconds on each side (for medium). Remove from grill.
- Toast the Tuscan loaf slices, set aside.
Assembly for the Cuban Burger:
Add mustard and pickles to bottom “bun”. Place patty on top and add ham, provolone and pork. Cover with top “bun”. Eat!
To learn more about DMK Burger Bar, please visit their website.