Juicy pineapple meets creamy avocado, crisp jicama, and red onion in a refreshing salad that goes especially well with seafood like lobster tacos, sauteed scallops, baked cod, or pan seared tilapia.
Mexican Pineapple Salad
Makes 4 to 6 (side dish) servings
- 1 (3-pound) pineapple, peeled and diced
- 1/2 pound jicama, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 (7-to 8-ounce) avocado, cut into cubes
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
Toss together all ingredients with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.