MODERN ZINC ANTIMICROBIAL SHEETS
Fresh off their successful Kickstarter launch, new bedding brand, Modern Zinc has developed a new technology in the textile world with Zinc infused fibers.
Comprised of a proprietary blend of long strand cotton fibers and lyocell, a zinc infused rayon fiber, Modern Zinc’s sheets not only good for you, but hold up well, wash after wash. Created as a way to add antimicrobial and skin benefits to the body as you sleep, Modern Zinc bedding is a smart choice for that college student that may or may not change his/her sheets as often as they should, or for those with sensitive to allergic skin.
Why zinc, you may ask? Although this trace mineral might seem an odd choice to snuggle up with, zinc has been found to be a necessary element to keeping our immune system in check, and can also help to clear up skin issues like acne and eczema, two common symptoms of those late night study cram sessions and poor eating habits. That’s right, Mom. Instead of nagging them to wash their sheets, Modern Zinc says their sheets can stay clean longer-or at least the germs at bay.
According to the brand, the benefits of Modern Zinc bedding are as follows:
- Longer time in between washes – No more changing and washing your sheets every week to keep them smelling and feeling fresh, while also saving water.
- Revitalizes and protects skin – The Zinc fibers support the natural processes of the skin, fosters wound healing and fights skin inflammation.
- Sustainable high-quality material – Long staple cotton is used to produce soft, plush sheets. The high-tech Zinc fibers sourced from Germany are sustainable and 100% biodegradable.
- No markups, passing savings onto you – according to Modern Zinc, they ‘cut out all the middlemen and retail markups’, shipping these innovative, quality bed sheets at just a fraction of the price. (Our sheets would cost more than $400 in retailer stores!)
- 400 thread count, sateen weave with a soft hand
After a month of testing, we can’t quite say whether or not it’s affected our skin, but they’re certainly great quality sheets. Stitching and edges are well made, with a nice length and size/fit that stays put while tucked (we all know nothing’s worse than pulling up the sheets at night to find you’ve now unmade the bed). We do have to say the mattress we decided to use was super. It must have been one of the best mattresses on the market… (we think anyway). If you’re thinking about testing these sheets, don’t ruin your experience and get the best mattress for you to enjoy them on. If you decide this mattress isn’t for you (after all, mattresses are very specific to individual needs), then you can always do your research online to find one suited to you. The best way to find a mattress that suits you is by looking at something like these mattress reviews australia 2020.
Modern Zinc’s bedding color is an ivory/off white, so keep that in mind when planning decor. We’re not sure if other colors (white?) are planned at this time, but hopefully that will become an option.
The only downside we found to Modern Zinc was their pillowcase sizes. Currently a standard size only, Modern Zinc pillow cases did not fit most of our Queen or King size pillows. Modern Zinc states that additional sizes are in development now. Our top sheet also did not have the traditional decorative banding commonly used to indicate the top of the sheet, but as the length was there, we expect additional design changes will continue as the brand grows.
COST AND RATING
On their website for preorder starting at $150, Modern Zinc sheets will be available for shipping in December, just in time for the holidays.
Crave give’s Modern Zinc Smart Sheets 4.5 stars out of 5.