When it comes to hosting your Memorial Day party, or any party for that matter, it can be tough to get yourself from behind the bar or out of the kitchen. The best way to avoid getting stuck making drinks at your next party is to plan in advance. We’ve devised a foolproof litany of crowd pleasing cocktails that will ensure your shaker and bar spoon stay tucked away while you party like a rock star this Memorial Day weekend.
Here are our top 5 Memorial Day Party Punch Recipes to keep you in the mix and not mixing:
Citrus Berry Punch (serves 20)
- 1 bottle of Sobieski Vodka (750 ml)
- 12 ¾ oz. crème de cassis (black currant liqueur, or you could use raspberry if you prefer)
- 16 oz. cold water
- 17 oz. orange juice
- 8 ½ oz. fresh lime juice
- 25.4 oz. (3/4 of a 1-liter bottle) ginger ale, chilled
- Citrus slices: oranges, lemons, grapefruit
Funnel all ingredients except ginger ale into a large sealable plastic container. Shake to incorporate all ingredients. Allow to chill in fridge for 30 minutes, or make it up to one day in advance. Pour into a punch bowl, and stir in the gingerale. Add citrus slices for garnish. Serve in 5 oz. cups
Classic Cognac Punch (serves 20)
- 750ml CAMUS VS Cognac
- 6 oz. sugar
- 3 lemons, peel only (no pith)
- 6 oz. lemon juice
- 1 liter water
- nutmeg, freshly grated
Muddle sugar and lemon peel, wait 1 hour. Muddle again, then add lemon juice. Stir to dissolve sugar. Add spirit, stir and taste for balance. Add water & nutmeg before serving. Garnish with lemon slices if you wish. Ladle into a cocktail glass or holiday mug.
Adapted from Punch by David Wondrich.
by Cassandra Rosen
- ½ bottle Soltado Tequila
- 64 oz pineapple juice, chilled
- 8 oz amaretto
- 6 oz fresh lime juice, chilled
- 8-10 dashes of orange bitters
- 1 oz maraschino syrup
- Garnish: Lime slices, pineapple cubes, berries
Stir the Soltado Tequila, amaretto liqueur, juice, and bitters together in a punch bowl, with ice. Garnish. Serve immediately.
Sparkling Pink Passion Fruit Punch Cocktail
Serves: A crowd
- 1 bottle passion fruit flavored cognac (Passion XO, etc)
- ½ bottle of sparkling wine
- 6 oz ginger liquor
- 8 oz cranberry juice
- 5 oz lime juice
- 2 oz orange juice
- Garnish: orange wheels, lime wheels
Pour ingredients for each punch into serving bowls with 5 cups of ice. Serve over fresh ice in each glass.
Island Punch Recipe
- 1/4 bottle Captain Morgan’s Spiced Rum
- 1/4 bottle Bacardi 151 Proof Rum
- 1/3 bottle Triple Sec
- 24 oz Pineapple Juice
- 16 oz Orange Juice
- 5 oz Grenadine
Directions: Mix together all ingredients and pour over ice into a tall glass. Garnish with an orange slice and a cherry.