Throughout the month of April, Seattle’s award-winning concert venue, The Triple Door, will showcase the work of Seattle’s top 20 concert photographers in The Musicquarim lounge. Throughout the month, guests of The Triple Door will be presented a ballot with their bill and will be asked to vote for their favorite image.
To kick things off Thursday, April 4, Seattle-based duo, My Goodness will perform. The band has become a local Seattle favorite, known for their powerful bluesy-rock sound that translates perfectly into boisterous and explosive live shows. Though My Goodness is only two men strong, with Joel Schneider on guitar and vocals, and Andy Lum playing drums, the duo’s energetic music proves that in their case, less is definitely more.
Spearheaded by Rocktographer and Wild Ginger Bellevue General Manager Mat Hayward, the event was developed to shine the spotlight on the incredible concert photography talent found in the Seattle area.
“It’s no secret that Seattle is well known for producing some of the world’s most renowned musicians and rock stars, “ said Hayward. “But there’s this really incredible underground community of photographers that have shot them over the years. Seattle’s concert photographers have had access to so many incredible shows, garnering both incredible stories and tips to share. These individuals are what this event is about.”
A sampling of participating photographers, along with a recommended tip is included below:
- Mat Hayward, “Don’t spend too much time looking at your camera to see what you’ve already got…you usually only get 3 songs so keep shooting!” www.MatHaywardPhoto.com
- Graham Lee, “Invest in some good ear plugs and practice your lens changes.” www.GrahamLeePhotography.com
- Morgen Schuler, “Make friends with the other photographers. They probably have a lot more experience than you and they’ll be friends for life.” www.MorgenSchuler.com
- Xander Deccio, “Always remember Pit Etiquette and have a positive attitude” www.expxd.com
- Alex Crick, “Do some research on the band(s) you will be shooting, check online to see how others have photographed them in the past” www.alexcrick.com
Tickets will cost $15 and will be on sale soon. They can be purchased at The Triple Door box office, located at 216 Union Street in downtown Seattle, by phone at 206-838-4333 or online at www.thetripledoor.net. To learn more about My Goodness, visit www.mygoodnessmusic.com.
Images credit Mat Hayward and My Goodness. Thank you, The Triple Door!