Try this Italian meatless main dish at your next virtual dinner party. Pair it up with a glass of Corvina wine from Verona, tomato and garlic bruschetta, a mixed green salad, and an Italian raspberry Prosecco float for dessert.
Spaghetti with Asparagus, Lemon & Pecorino
- 1 pound thick spaghetti
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons Bono Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil Val Di Mazara PDO Certified
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh asparagus, cut into ¼ inch pieces
- 1 ½ tablespoons Bono Sicilian Lemon Organic Marmalade
- ¼ cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup basil, chopped, plus more for garnish
- ½ cup Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- ¼ cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
Bring a large pot of cold water to a boil, then salt generously. Add spaghetti and cook “al dente” according to instructions on the box.
While the pasta cooks, in a large skillet heat ¼ cup olive oil and sliced garlic on a medium heat until garlic turns golden. Add asparagus and sauté for a couple of minutes. Stir in lemon marmalade. Once combined add white wine and let reduce by 1/2. Add lemon juice and allow it to reduce for about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.
Remove from the heat, add the basil and set aside.
When pasta is ready, reserve about ¼ cup of cooking water before draining it.
Place the skillet with the sauce back on medium heat, add spaghetti, both grated cheeses, 2 tablespoons olive oil and the reserved cooking water. Toss quickly until the sauce reaches desired consistency. Divide spaghetti into serving bowls and garnish with some fresh basil leaves.