Margaritas are delicious, refreshing, and perfect for when the weather is warm outside. The challenge is, they’re also generally high in calories, which can add up quickly. Enter: the Guilt-free Skinny Margarita!
With no salt (which can make you feel bloated and less than bikini ready), or orange liqueur (triple sec is an extra 100 calories per ounce!), the alcohol and sugar content are lower, saving you an extra 200 calories!
Agave nectar is sweeter than sugar, but has a lower glycemic index rating than sugar, honey or even natural maple syrup. It dissolves easily in cold beverages, making it the perfect addition to sweeten those skinny cocktails!
The Guilt-free Margarita
Yield: 1 cocktail
- 1 oz. lime juice (appx. one lime)
- 3/4 oz. organic agave nectar
- 3/4 oz. pure spring or sparkling water (use a flavored water for an extra splash of mango, berry, or cranberry!)
- 1.5 oz. Tequila (Blanco, Reposado or Añejo are fine)
- Garnish with a lime slice
Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well. Strain into a cocktail glass over ice, garnish with a lime slice, and enjoy.