Bourbon Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecan Oatmeal Crumble
From Sullivan’s Steakhouse Restaurant, Chicago
Serving 2-4 people
- 6 medium Sweet Potatoes
- ¼ cup whiskey (we use Jack Daniels)
- ¼ lb Brown Sugar
- ¼ lb Unsalted Butter
- ¾ tbsp Maple Flavoring
- ¼ tbsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
Pecan Oat Crumble Topping
- ½ lb Butter, Unsalted
- ½ lb Brown Sugar
- ¾ cup Pecans, Medium Ground
- 1 cup Quaker Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
1. Roast potatoes in their skins in a 350⁰ oven until fully cooked
2. Remove skin and place potatoes into a stainless steel bowl.
3. Combine remaining ingredients and mash with a wire whisk until smooth consistency.
4. Place the sweet potato mixture into a casserole of choice and top with pecan oatmeal topping.
5. Bake casserole for 15 minutes in a 350 degree oven then remove the casserole and let stand for 6 minutes for topping to set
Awesome recipe. Thank you for posting. Had some at one of your restaurants and it was delicious.