Want to make something sweet for Mom this Mother’s Day? Marshmallows are an easy, sweet treat that even the most kitchen challenged of us can pull off.
Camus Coffee recently had Jean-Louis Dumonet Maître Cuisinier de France (French Master Chef), and President of their American & Canadian Chapter create a few delicious coffee infused recipes. Here is a very popular marshmallow recipe for you to try at home.
- Sugar 300 g/11oz
- Coffee (made with 3 strong espressos, using our Signature Blend) 1 dl/3.4 fl oz
- Egg white 50 g/1.8 oz
- Gelatin or 8 leaves 15 g / 6 tsp
- Camus VSOP Cognac 10 ml/2 tsp
- Confection sugar 25 g/1oz
- Corn starch 25 g/1oz
1. Place the gelatin in a recipient with very cold water
2. Prepare an Italian meringue: Cook the 300g/11oz sugar with the 1 dl/3.4 fl oz of coffee. When the sugar reaches 110˚C/230˚F thread stage*, beat the egg white stiff. When the sugar reaches 121˚C/250˚F firm ball stage*, pour it on the egg white, and whisk the mix. Add the gelatin, then the cognac. Mix until it cools down.
3. Combine the cornstarch and the confectioner’s sugar.
4. Pour the mix in a ½ sheet pan where you’ll have powder with a bit of cornstarch-confectioners sugar mix.
5. Powder on top and set aside until cold
6. Cut the slab of marshmallow, separate the pieces, and powder them once more with the left-over mix.
7. Keep in box in a dry space.