Courtesy of Chef Santos from VANDAL restaurant in NYC, this grilled sea bass tacos recipe provides the perfect combo of a healthy dish, simple to make, and delicious. If you can’t make it to the city any time soon, at least you can recreate this recipe from the convenience of your own kitchen.
Grilled Sea Bass Tacos
Ingredients for the Salsa Diablo
- 5 quajillo chiles
- 3 arbol chiles
- 1 chipotle in adobo
- 2 plum tomatoes (seeds removed)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup white onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
Ingredients for the chipotle lemon mayo
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 sprig thyme leaves, picked from stem
- 1 oz. fresh lemon juice
- 1 pc. lemon zest
- 1 tbsp chipotle puree
- ¼ tsp cumin
Ingredients for slaw
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- ¼ cup julienned red pepper
- ¼ cup julienned green pepper
- 1/8 cup thin julienned red onions
- ¼ cup seedless grapes dices
- 1/3 cup chipotle lemon mayo
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place all the ingredients for the Salsa Diablo in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Once Boiling, bring down to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes. Blend in a vita-prep, pass through a chinious and reserve
- Chop thyme leaves. Mix all ingredients for the chipotle lemon mayo together and reserve.
- Mix all ingredients for slaw together and season to taste. Adjust chipotle lemon mayo to how covered you like your slaw.
- Coat sea bass with oil and season with chile piquin and salt. Grill sea bass to desired temperature.
- Grill white Corn Tortilla
- Coat each tortilla lightly with salsa diablo and place the sea bass on top of the tortilla.
- Evenly distribute slaw over the sea bass and garnish with cilantro leaves and serve with lime wedges