Deviled eggs are considered to be a stable menu item for the Kentucky Derby. If you’re planning a party this weekend, why not try this kicked up version with crab and avocado. It’s simple, delicious, and a great way to add an elegant twist to the day!
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, peeled, cut in half, and yolks mashed in a bowl
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/3 cup chopped cooked crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon diced avocado
- 2 teaspoons chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained well
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Paprika for garnish
1. Combine the thoroughly mashed yolks with the mayonnaise and sour cream. Stir in the crabmeat, avocado, onion, capers, garlic, lemon juice, and celery seeds. Taste, then season with salt and pepper.
2. Fill the whites evenly with the mixture and garnish each egg half with a sprinkling of paprika.