Tequila Don Julio is on the hunt for their next Global Ambassador. The brand announced this month that they are actively looking for the right person to join a team that is passionate about Tequila, well crafted cocktails and the spirits industry. The ideal candidate is an experienced, enthusiastic and inspirational individual to represent this ultra-premium tequila brand globally.
Candidates must have the ability to effectively mentor and present to a variety of audiences, demonstrate a high level of mixology experience and be highly knowledgeable about Tequila. Professional and socially responsible is critical, and fluency in Spanish is required. Candidates must be willing to travel internationally 80% of the time. Having existing international contacts in the spirits industry is a plus.
If you would like to join this exciting team, then please email a cover letter and resume to [email protected].
In the past two years Don Julio has grown double digits in multiple markets around the world. To continue to build the brand and accelerate its growth, the Global Brand Team (GBT) is looking to recruit a Don Julio Global Brand Ambassador (GBA) to tap into significant global PR opportunities and drive word of mouth endorsement.
The GBA will be based in the US, but will have a global view of the tequila landscape at the category, trade and consumer level and will report to the Global Brand Team. He will develop a detailed knowledge of the brand and will be seen as an expert, someone that the trade and press will go to for insight on Don Julio history, production and trends in the category. Within the trade community in particular, the GBA will act as the aspirational face of the brand, using his expertise and credibility to support markets in building brand advocacy. The GBA will have a critical role in the Diageo World Class Competition, so notable mixology credentials is important in order to train and inspire bartenders.
To promote and disseminate knowledge of Diageo’s Tequila Don Julio brand in order to provide passion and understanding, thereby working toward our global marketing ambition of beating the competition.
The GBA does not completely replace the Don Julio Master Distiller but will be the brand’s primary “face” across Diageo global markets.
Try this tasty cocktail recipe that Kevin Varnegas, Don Julio Brand Ambassador created for a Cherry Tequila Punch.
- Global “face” and authority of Don Julio, available to Global markets
- Brand training and education with internal and external audiences (trade, consumers, gatekeepers, press)
- Advising on and execution of global consumer and trade education programs
- Supporting launch events and PR opportunities
- Consulting and providing expert advice on trade strategy development
- Drive visibility and endorsement and affinity for the Don Julio brand in key markets among trade and media influencers
- Designing new drinks and serves
- Building relationships with key influential bartenders across multiple markets
- Leading brand home visits with internal and external audiences
- Lead agenda for market visits: coordinate with brand teams, Ambassadors and commercial teams
- Conduct training for Ambassadors in each market to encompass brand training, mixology, Global programming
- Proactive outreach to market Ambassadors in order to consistently understand the activities, successes and development areas
- Lead Tequila Don Julio activation for Diageo World Class
- Activate Don Julio Global programming during World Class bursts
- Lead training and program with World Class representative to ensure execution is aligned with brand standards
- Judge market competitions, when requested
- Contribute to Facebook page/Twitter on a regular basis: upload photos, wall postings on experiences in market, program activation
- Travel Retail: train staff and implement sampling programming
- Take on the role as Tequila Don Julio mixologist in the US
- Create standardized Tequila Don Julio cocktails to incorporate into the brand’s drink strategy
- Create original cocktails for high profile events
- Train Ambassadors on essential mixology skills
Represent the brand at key media and trade events:
- Submit seminar ideas
- Represent the brand on relevant panel discussions
- Be available for press opportunities
- Participate in distribution crew drives on an as needed basis in the US
- Provide detailed reporting following each market visit to include: accomplishments, results, photo documentation, competitive activity
- Manage monthly expense/T&E reporting
- Strong public speaking and media trained; experience with press interviews; ability to “think on their feet”
- Strategic thinking capabilities: able to provide input on key brand touchpoints as part of the consumer, trade and press events
- Ability to inspire
- Time and budget management
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment in tough situations
- Strong mixology credentials in order to train and inspire fellow bartenders
- Demonstrates strong initiative to complete out-of-market agendas, assist markets with essential tools, and provide advice and actionable steps for potential programming
- Enthusiasm and a good team player
- Knowledge of commercial aspects of the spirits industry
- Highly organized and proactive
- English and Spanish speaking
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of the Mexican culture and how it relates to tequila
- Strong and notable mixology credentials
- Professional, college educated
- Industry experience and passion for spirits; extensive category knowledge a definite plus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; excellent media handling skills
- Can move within the world of luxury and is comfortable working across cultures; high standards of cross-cultural and inter-personal skills
- Can work with on and off premise leader accounts
- Strong expertise in Microsoft programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint to develop reports as required by the GBT
- Ability to travel extensively
- High energy
- Cautious consumption
Photo credit: Flickr