Today we wanted to share with you our rendition of a Homemade Italian Supreme Pizza. Not only is our pizza delicious, but it’s one you can create with the family and have fun with! This is a great opportunity to get the family together and create something that your children can be proud of, no matter what the age, and create together with mom and dad. There are endless possibilities and options when creating a pizza pie; for this pizza recipe, we just chose some of our favorites. You can certainly create your own and add your own favorite toppings or you child’s favorite topping. This is also a great way to sneak those veggies into your child’s plate without them even knowing.
Enjoy, but most importantly…..have FUN!
Xo, Chao Chao
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1-1/4 cups warm water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In large bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in water; let stand for 5 minutes. Add oil and salt. Stir in flour, a cup at a time, until a soft dough forms.
- Place onto floured surface; knead for about 2-3 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled (about 45 minutes). Meanwhile, cook beef and onion over medium heat until no longer pink; then drain the mixture.
- Punch dough down and divide it into half. Press each into a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Combine the tomato sauce, oregano and basil; spread over each crust. Top with beef mixture, green pepper and cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.