Inspired by the Oscars, and the aspirations of actors that hope to one day win a coveted, gold statuette, this dish will have you dreaming of stardom in no time.
Oscar Dreams of Lemon
(Aka, the No Bake Meyer Lemon Goat Cheese Souffle)
- ½ cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- ½ cup Coconut Oil, melted and cooled
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 1 lb Goat Cheese, room temperature
- 12 Meyer Lemons, cored with a small slice taken off bottom to stabilize on platter
- 1 Meyer Lemon, zested
- 1 cup Fresh Raspberries
- ½ teaspoon Nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon Cardamom
- Taste Freshly cracked black pepper, Kosher Salt
1. In a bowl fitted with a whisk attachment, whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Set in the fridge.
2. Combine goat cheese, coconut oil, sugar, lemon zest, nutmeg and cardamom in a mixing bowl until smooth. Season to taste with the black pepper and kosher salt.
3. Gently fold in whipped cream in two batches to lighten the goat cheese mixture
4. Spoon mixture into the Meyer Lemon Cups and refrigerate for 4 hours or more
5. Top with fresh Raspberries and place a small spoon sticking out for presentation
CHEF’S NOTE: Be sure not to cut too much off the bottom of the Lemon. Only cut enough to get the lemon to stand up straight or the soufflé mixture will come out of the bottom once it is cored!
Photo credits, Crave Local