Hosting a dinner party and not sure what to make? With everyone following some sort of diet these days, whether it be a gluten free recipe, dairy free, vegan, or paleo, it can be difficult to find the perfect dish to satisfy all of your guests. My advice? Pick up some brussels sprouts; not only are they protein packed and delicious, but they pair well with other vegetables and can be prepared several ways! My favorite brussels sprouts recipe is easy to prepare, allergy-friendly, and guaranteed to leave your guests satisfied.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Butternut Squash with Cranberries and Pecans
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
- 8 ounces butternut squash
- 8 ounces Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sliced pecans
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cut butternut squash into small cubes.
- In a mixing bowl, toss Brussels sprouts and diced butternut squash with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place on a sheet pan and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir the butternut squash and Brussels sprouts on the sheet pan, and then raise the oven temperature to 425 degrees F. Cook for another 15 minutes.
- Add cranberries and pecans to the butternut squash and Brussels sprouts mix, and stir again. Cook for 5 more minutes, or until Brussels sprouts feel tender.