A new study conducted by Simply Naked Wines shows that wine drinkers like to party, have friends, and enjoy flirting.
As much as we find this entirely surprising (not really), it’s nice to know that we as a society have not become a bunch of shut-in’s, watching bad reality television and wearing Snuggies as lounge attire.
Simply Naked Wines national survey revealed that that wine drinkers consider themselves to be social creatures.
They drink wine:
- 75% with friends
- 77% at parties
- 72% out on dates
Describe themselves as:
- 54% confident
- 49% outgoing
- 40% adventurous (activities like traveling alone abroad, getting a radical new haircut or strutting their stuff in a bikini)
When it comes to romance, nearly half admitted that flirting is more fun with a glass of wine, particularly when it comes to feeling “in the mood.” Some even went as far to say they like a glass either before or after being intimate.
Just as their drinkers, Simply Naked Wines has an unoaked story (no clothes, no problem!)that allows pure flavors to stand out. The wines rely on the premium quality of its fruit, so the brand’s nature is to flaunt its confidence with a fruit-forward, vibrant style. The diverse varietals don’t hide behind anything – they are fresh, simple and straight-forward. The newest red, excites the palate followed by a lengthy finish and is rich, luscious and the perfect wine to share with a significant other (or hopeful prospect).
“The survey was a great way to tap into wine drinkers’ personalities and their own inclination to exude the same confidence Simply Naked Wines boasts. We were excited to see that the insights found consumers’ attitudes and behaviors parallel the same flirtatious, lively and playful nature of our wines,” said Simply Naked Marketing Director Chris Huels.
Taste & Pairing Notes from Simply Naked Wine:
- Pinot Grigio – Crisp & Refreshing – Layers of lime and melon, aromas of peach and passion fruit and hints of spice. Light bodied, to be served with: shellfish, salads, chicken, creamy pasta dishes or soft cheeses.
- Chardonnay – Fresh & Fabulous – Tropical fruit, citrus and pear notes with layers of melon, fig and a touch of honey. Light-medium bodied, to be served with: salmon, turkey, chicken or pasta in cream sauces.
- Merlot – Spicy & Smooth – Jammy blackberry intensity with fruit forward flavors and a silky texture. Medium bodied, to be served with: beef, tomato-based pasta dishes, lamb, pizza or pork.
- Cabernet Sauvignon – Bold & Juicy – Plum, black cherry and cinnamon spice with chewy tannins that don’t weigh down the wine. Medium-full bodied, to be served with: grilled or roasted red meats, tomato-based pasta dishes or hard cheeses.