Salt & Straw Ice Cream has put together a new holiday gift pack comprised of flavors from holidays of yesteryear such as figgy pudding, roasted chestnuts and mulled wine. They’ve put their own unique spin on these classic holiday flavors, using the best ingredients Oregon has to offer such as black mission figs, chestnuts, mint and Willamette Valley Pinot Noir. Pick Your Own five packs are also available for those that would like to create their own gift pack of pints from Salt & Straw’s current menu of flavors. Either pack makes for the perfect gift, unique family treat or stocking stuffer (just remember the stocking is in the freezer!) and both are available for nationwide shipping.
“These flavors are a fun way to give new life to traditional holiday dishes, while also exploring the best farms, artisans and producers Oregon has to offer,” says Salt & Straw owner and culinary director, Kim Malek. “Through these collaborations we’ve created our own unique take on dishes like roasted chestnuts and figgy pudding, introducing a younger generation and also reminding older generations of tastes from past holidays.”
The Holiday gift pack is available for a limited time, November 23 through December 30, 2012.
Holiday Gift Pack Flavors:
- Peppermint Cocoa: made with world famous Oregon mint from Seely Farms, Portland’s Holy KaKow Chocolate and freshly crushed organic peppermint candies
- Figgy Pudding: house-made plum and chocolate stirred custard pudding ice cream with chunks of brandy-soaked, Oregon-grown black mission figs
- Mulled Wine Sorbet: Willamette Valley Pinot Noir infused with Oregon’s Singing Dog vanilla beans, orange zest, cinnamon sticks and a carefully selected variety of holiday spices churned into a warming frozen sorbet
- Xmas Beer with Gingerbread: teaming up with local brewers, this seasonal Xmas Ale ice cream is packed with Grandma Malek’s molasses cookies (beer and cookies? thanks Grandma!)
- Butter Roasted Chestnuts: slow-roasted, hand-cracked chestnuts rolled in melted brown butter with a dash of fleur de sel from local salt shop, Mark Bitterman’s The Meadow…all blended into an ice cream that’s reminiscent of warm nights in front of a crackling fire place
For more info go to About Salt & Straw Ice Cream