Coffee, Spice, and Everything Nice
Crave Local Recipe Kitchen
- 1 oz. Drambuie
- 1 oz. Cabo Diablo
- 1 oz. Half and Half or Coconut Milk
- Fresh nutmeg, grated
- Cinnamon stick, grated
- Star anise pod
Shake all ingredients over ice, strain into a coupe or rocks glass. Garnish with a star anise and a sprinkle of nutmeg and cinnamon.
Drambuie Tasting Notes
Drambuie Liqueur is crafted using a secret blend of over 30 aged malt whiskies (many of which are 15 to 17 year old malts), spiced honey and exclusive spices. The recipe is secret, and only select parts of its makeup are known. Saffron, one of the few known ingredients, is the most expensive spice in the world. Nutmeg, another of the revealed ingredients, was once an exclusive spice reserved for the likes of royalty.
Only the family matriarch has access to the spice vault in order to gather the exclusive combination of spices.
- Aroma: Spiced, with notes of saffron and nutmeg
- Taste: Subject to much speculation, it is multi-layered, honeyed and spiced
- Finish: Long and smooth
Drambuie Liqueur has a unique taste that is best enjoyed on the rocks, with club soda and two fresh lime wedges or in a variety of cocktails that call for a whiskey or liqueur.
Cabo Diablo Tasting Notes
Cabo Diablo delivers a delectable sweetness and body with notes of rich roasted coffee, vanilla and chocolate from its coffee liqueur base made with the highest quality Arabica essence. 100% blue agave Cabo Wabo Silver tequila as a base.
- Aroma: A top note of fresh blue agave and rich coffee balanced with notes of chocolate and smooth vanilla. The aroma finishes with hints of toasted hazelnut, honey and an intriguing peppery spice characteristic of tequila.
- Taste: The entry is smooth with delectable sweetness and body that immediately coats the palate, releasing notes of rich roasted coffee, dark cocoa and creamy vanilla followed by hints of toasted hazelnut. Then, the taste softly transitions to a pleasantly spicy sensation that warms the back of the palate, wrapping it in notes of sweet blue agave, honey and pepper.
- Finish: Smooth, long finish with an intriguing “bite” characteristic of the peppery spice of tequila.