The Father’s Day offerings at Red Door Wine Market this year can be summed up as such: it’s a “man-based” menu. Big portions, big cuts of meat and big sandwiches are featured on this special day.
“It’s something my dad would sit down to and love any dish on the menu,” says Chef Jason Boniface, whose father and grandfather are restaurateurs.
Only two items have carried over from the Mother’s Day menu: The Almighty Waffle Sandwich and the Frittata and Salad. Boniface expects the sandwich to be the day’s most popular dish, if Mother’s Day is any indication. (He made 30 pounds of chicken in an hour and a half, and sold out early in the day)
In celebration of Dad, Chef Jason Boniface would like to share his take on Chicken & Waffles, with his recipe for The Almighty Waffle Sandwich!
Red Door Wine Market- Father’s Day Menu
- Bagels and house-made lox
- Granola and fruit
- Massively huge cinnamon bun (bigger than your head!)
Salads & Flatbreads
- Early Summer Salad- Local Florida watermelon, arugula, house-made bacon, feta and champagne vinaigrette
- Beet “Tartare” Salad- roasted beets, goat cheese, arugula, candied walnuts, caramelized shallot vinaigrette
- Door Salad- fresh greens with classic salad veggies, feta and citrus vinaigrette
- Juju’s Pop Tart Flatbread- house-made strawberry jam, fresh berries, frosting and granola
Entrees & Sandwiches
- John’s Benedict- griddled English muffin, house pulled pork, house bacon, eggs, beans and BBQ hollandaise
- Huevos Rancheros- egg in an avocado, corn tortillas, black beans, salsa
- Frittata and Salad- early summer vegetables, basil aioli and a Door Salad
- The Almighty Waffle Sandwich (way better than a tie for Father’s Day)- fried chicken, house bacon, sharp cheddar cheese, egg, sriracha, bourbon maple syrup, Belgian style waffle
- HUGE Steak and Fries (includes a treat for your pup-free dog bone with every one sold!)- steak, eggs, toast
- Beer Braised Corn Beef and Hash- house-made corn beef hash, choice of eggs, toast
- Big Breakfast Double Decker Burger- corn beef patty and burger patty, egg, bacon, sharp cheddar, special sauce, lettuce, tomato, onion, avocado