Whether you’re looking for romantic sips to “set the mood” or a drink to share with your single and proud girlfriends, it seems like couture cocktails and Valentine’s Day go hand in hand. And while you can always run out and pick up a copy of Bartending For Dummies, CraveLocal has a list of sweet drinks that have been tested to be completely fabulous for your big night.
Have a top secret drink recipe that has always worked for you? Share your recipe in the comments below!
Bubbles & PINK
- 3 ounces chilled Croft PINK
- 4 ounces Champagne Laurent-Perrier Brut NV
- .5 oz Cointreau
- 2 dashes bitters
- 1 lemon twist, for garnish
Pour all ingredients into a Champagne flûte and give a quick stir. Garnish with the lemon twist.
Saint Valentine by David Wondrich
First showcased in David Wondrich’s column for Esquire, this cocktail is great for anytime of the year. Shake well with ice:
- 1 ½ oz good, flavorful white rum such as Banks 5 Island
- ½ oz Fonseca Bin 27 Ruby Port
- ½ oz orange Curacao or Grand Marnier ½ oz fresh-squeezed lime juice
Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
Red Lips Martini Cocktail
- 1.5 oz Raspberry Cocoa
- 2 oz diet cranberry juice
- 4 raspberries
- 1/4 oz fresh lime juice
- 1/2 packet natural sweetener
- Splash of club soda
Muddle raspberries, add ingredients, shake and strain. Top with a splash of club soda. Serve in a martini glass and garnish with a lime and raspberry.
- 1.5 oz Orange Vanilla
- 1 oz fresh orange juice
- Splash of diet sprite
Shake and strain Voli and orange juice. Top with a splash of diet sprite Serve in a martini glass and garnish with an orange twist.
- 1.5 oz Raspberry Cocoa or Espresso Vanilla Vodka
- 3/4 oz Irish cream liqueur
Serve over ice in a rocks glass or shake and serve in a martini glass. Garnish with fresh raspberries or espresso beans.