Easy Chicken Stock
Yield: 2 quarts
- 4 pounds mixed chicken wings and drumsticks, skin removed
- 2 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 2 large carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- Handful of thyme
- Handful of flat-leaf parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
Combine all ingredients with 3 quarts cold water in a stockpot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer, skimming the surface frequently of fat and bubbles until the stock is reduced by one third.
Strain stock through a fine-mesh sieve into a large bowl. Discard solids.
Can be made 3 days ahead, or frozen in ice cube trays up to 3 months.
Source: Le Creuset