Ceviche del Mar (Ceviche of the Sea)
Courtesy of El Agave Restaurant and Tequileria
Makes 6 servings
1 hour and 40 minutes
- 1 lb Large size (about 15 Count) Shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 1 lb Baby octopus
- 1 Small White or Red Onion Finely Chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, diced and grilled
- ½ cup of cherry tomato, cut in halves
- Baby corn, cut in two or three parts, depending on the length of each mini cob
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- The juice of 2-3 Limes
- ½ tsp sea salt or to taste
Clean the shrimp and boil them gently in salted water for about 3-5 minutes until turning pink. Do not overcook, as they become rubbery. When they are done strain and set aside until cool, and then chop the shrimp into a medium-size dice.
Clean the baby octopus, and boil about 40-45 minutes in salted water until the octopus is tender. Strain and then set aside until cool, and then chop the octopus into a medium-size dice.
In a large bowl mix the shrimp, baby octopus, onion, tomato, baby corn, and cilantro. Stir in the lime juice, then season with sea salt and mix well.
Cover very tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for one hour. Mix in grilled red pepper before serving. Serve the ceviche with corn tortilla chips or with tostadas. ¡Provecho! (Enjoy!)
Pair with: a Spicy Adventurista Margarita, frozen, or on the rocks.
PHOTO: El Agave Restaurant & Tequileria