It’s that time of year:
Kids are back in school, the rain and heat will soon subside, and football season has finally begun.
Time to uncover, or pull out your long time friend that has been patiently waiting to be heated up to turn those tasty meat patties into the highlight of your backyard or tailgating party.
Below you will find 10 easy-to-create recipes that are sure to satisfy your guests carnivorous cravings.
Burger Recipes & Topping Ideas:
1) Buttermilk Fried Bacon Burger
– 4 pc Bacon (Par cooked 50%)
– 1 cup AP Flour
– 1tsp salt
– 1tsp pepper
– 1 cup buttermilk
– 1/2 cup oil for frying
Pre-heat oven to 370 degrees. Cook bacon for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on paper towel
Mix salt and pepper with flour in medium bowl
Dunk bacon in buttermilk, then dredge in flour, then return bacon to buttermilk and again dredge in the flour to create a thick double crust
Heat oil in medium size skillet on medium heat to 350 degrees
Carefully lay floured bacon in hot oil and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
Cut bacon in half and serve on top of your next burger with a slice each of American, Cheddar and Monterey Jack, crisp lettuce and pickle
2) Crispy Parmesan Cheese with Sundried Tomatoes Burger
– 4 oz shaved parmesan cheese
– 1 jar marinated sun-dried tomatoes
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Line cookie sheet with wax parchment paper
sprinkle two tablespoons of shaved parmesan cheese about 2 inches apart
bake for 8 to 10 minutes until cheese is bubbly and golden brown around the edges all the way to the center
remove from oven and let cool on sheet, cheese will crisp as it cools
Meanwhile julienne the sun-dried tomatoes
Using a thin spatula gently release crisps from sheet tray.
Top your burger with parmesan crisp and sun-dried tomatoes
3) Peanut Butter, Bacon, and Fried Bananas burger
– 1 Banana
– Same flour and buttermilk from above recipe
– 4 slices bacon
– 4 tablespoon crunchy peanut butter
Peel and slice banana half inch thick
Bread and fry banana just like you did for the bacon above
Drain on paper towel
Spread peanut butter onto of your favorite burger bun
Top burger with crispy bacon and fried bananas
4) Lobster Mac and Cheese Burger
– 2 cups of your favorite mac and cheese recipe (white cheese preferred)
– 4oz cooked lobster meat
Make your favorite homemade mac and cheese recipe. Try using a milder Monterey jack and white cheddar or Swiss.
At your local fresh fish counter buy one of those fresh steamed North Atlantic lobsters, you can also cook your own.
Remove lobster meat from shell and dice into large 1/2” pieces.
Fold into hot mac and cheese and top your next burger for a gourmet surf and turf.
5) Oscar Style Burger
– 4oz cooked lump crab meat (or your favorite fresh steamed local crab)
– 8 thin spears blanched asparagus, 1 inch long bias sliced
– 1/2 cup béarnaise sauce
Turn oven broiler on to low
Cook asparagus in salted boiling water for 1 minute and immediately shock in ice water for 2 mins. Remove and set aside
Make your favorite béarnaise sauce.
Top your cooked burger with 1 oz of crab each
Then top with asparagus and 2 tablespoons of béarnaise sauce on each burger
Finish burger under broiler for 1 to two minutes or until béarnaise sauce is bubbly and beginning to turn golden brown.
A few other ideas on how to kick up your next burger…
6) Sweet Onion Bacon Relish
– Caramelized Vidalia onion, bacon, truffle ketchup, Worcestershire sauce
– Server on your favorite burger with blue cheese and arugula
7) Gourmet Comfort Classic Burger
– Goat cheese, fried egg, crispy bacon, and arugula
8) Caprese with a Twist Burger
– Your favorite burger with melted mozzarella, sun-dried tomatoes, and basil pesto
9) Buffalo Blue Burger
– Try some buffalo meat with melted blue cheese and caramelized onions drizzled with aged balsamic
10) The Ultimate Gourmet Burger
– All Kobe beef burger topped with seared foie gras and truffle shavings!These tips were provided for you by Chef Tim Kast of Bad Daddy’s Burger Bar