A favorite holiday for Dr. Bob, The Drugless Doctor, he shares his top tips to stay healthy while preventing digestive distress from Independence Day traditions.
Dr. Bob notes, “As many celebrate freedom, the notion can also act as a detrimental health problem. The ability to choose what we put in and our body that can often sabotage the best-intended diet.” If you’re sticking to a healthy diet and exercise routine, you could look into the addition of CBD for health and happiness and see what improvements can be made to your every day life.
This 4th of July make sure to follow his tips below to sustain a health routine.
- Limit pork consumption. Pork can be quite toxic to the body, as a staple in BBQs and July picnics (ribs and pulled pork sandwiches), so pay attention to how much water you drink hours after you have eaten the meat.
- Examine your BBQ sauce ingredients. Many of my patients have distress with any type of barbecue sauce. There often are sugar and seasonings that excite the nervous system causing headaches and digestive distress.
- Ease off the soda. Soda consumption can be an issue because of the caramel coloring, sourced by gluten.
- Do not over indulge in any beef product; if you wake up in the middle of the night with a general warming over your body, it is your body’s attempt to clear the toxins.
- Lastly, if you attend a potluck make sure to implement healthy dishes with delicious fruits and vegetable dishes married with sides such as hummus or dip. Have a safe, lively and fun 4th of July.