Looking for the best guacamole dip recipe to make keep your friends at bay while the ribs and chicken is cooking?
Try this Mexican guacamole dip recipe made with fresh jalapeno peppers and of course, avocados!
Guacamole recipe courtesy of Avocados from Mexico.
- 2 tbsps finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tsp finely chopped yellow onions
- 2 tsp minced jalapeno or Serrano chilies
- 2 large ripe avocados, peeled and seeded
- 2 tbsp finely chopped plum tomato (1 small tomato)
- 2 tsp fresh squeezed lime juice
- warm tortilla chips, for serving
Mash together 1 tablespoon of the cilantro, 1 teaspoon of the onion, 1 teaspoon of the chile, and q/w teaspoon of salt in the bottom of a medium-size bowl.
Add the avocados and gently mash with a fork until chunky-smooth.
Fold the remaining cilantro, onion, and chile into the mixture.
Stir in the tomato and lime juice, adjust the seasonings to taste, and serve with a basket of warm tortilla chips.
Makes 4 servings of the best guacamole dip ever!
Nutritional information per serving:
191 calories, 2.4 grams protein, 18.5 grams fat, 8 grams carbohydrateClick here for an amazing rib recipe Recipe by Jolinda Hackett, About.com Guide. Photo Credit: By Nat Da Brat. food.com