While staying at Salish Lodge & Spa in Snoqualmie, Washington, one of guests’ favorite spa treatments is the Honey and Herb Scrub. With salt or sugar as a base, local Salish honey, and fragrant herbs in the mix, it is sure to leave your skin feeling smooth, and moisturized. Our readers asked us to share the recipe, so that they could try this treatment at home, and Salish graciously obliged.
Salish Spa’s Honey and Herb Scrub
- 3 Tablespoons salt or sugar or combination of both
- 2 Tablespoons Salish Honey
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 Drops of an essential oil of your choice
- Chopped fresh herbs of your choice-lavender, rosemary, lemon thyme, or mint are a great start!
- Warm a small amount of honey in the microwave for a few seconds until it becomes thin, but not too hot to the touch.
- Pour about 2 Tablespoons of the honey into a bowl.
- Stir in 1 tablespoons of olive oil (or your favorite oil)
- Add about a 3 Tablespoon of Salt or Sugar (If you have recently shaved your legs you will want to use sugar. Also, you can use a variety of grains of salt)
- Add fresh herbs and a few drops of your favorite essential oils and mix well.
- In the shower, wet your body and turn off the shower.
- Place some of the mixture in your palms and massage in a circular motion all over legs, arms, belly and chest). Don’t do this while the shower’s running or you’ll wash off the mixture before you get the full effect.
- Rinse off in the shower.
You can double or triple the recipe, and store it for a month in a sealed container near your shower or bathtub.
Want to recreate your vacation spa treatment at home? Email us at readers @ cravelocal.com and our editorial team will get the scoop!
For additional spa treatments you can try at home, see these tips from beauty expert Christina Savescu on How to Get The Perfect Pedicure at Home.