Tis the season… and what better way to be the star of the holiday party with some delicious holiday inspired drink recipes? These recipes have been provided from hotels around the U.S. and the Caribbean.
Love Potion #8
at The Jade
· 1 oz Diplimatico Reserve Exclusiva
· ¾ oz holiday spice syrup (made in house with ginger, cinnamon, clove and allspice)
· ½ oz lemon juice
· 5 dashes of Angostura bitters
Shaken, strained over ice in a beer glass and topped with Ommegang Witte.
Hot Mulled Cider
- ½ gallon of cider
- 1 in. knob of fresh ginger
- 1 whole lemons cut into quarters
- 1 whole orange cut into quarters
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- pinch of all spice (optional)
- 3 cloves
Bring to a boil then simmer for 15 minutes.
- 2 oz Nolet’s Gin
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ tsp. Cranberry Reduction
Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake well and strain into a martini glass.
- 2 ¼ oz woodford reserve bourbon
- 1 oz Foseca bin spruce syrup
- Dash angostura bitters
Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake well and strain into a martini glass. Garnish with fresh blueberries.
at Copamarina Beach Resort & Spa, Guanica, Puerto Rico
- 2 cans sweet condensed milk
- 2 cans evaporated milk
- 2 cans coconut milk (Coco Lopez)
- ¼ cup brandy
- 1 bottle light rum (750 ml)
- 1 ½ tbs. vanilla
- 1 tbs. ground cinnamon
- ground cinnamon to garnish
- shredded coconut on boarder on martini glass for decoration
In a blender mix all ingredients until smooth. Chill for at least 24 hours before serving. Serve chilled with ground cinnamon on top. Serve on a martini glass.
Courtyard Coquito Martini
at Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort, San Juan, Puerto Rico
Similar to a typical “Coquito,” but with a martini twist!
- 1 ¼ oz Don Q Coco rum
- 1 ¼ oz Ciroc Coconut vodka
- ¾ oz Monin hazelnut syrup
- ¾ Amaretto Di Sarono liqueur
- ½ coconut cream
Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake well and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Add some powdered cinnamon and garnish with diced almonds
at San Juan Doubletree by Hilton, San Juan, Puerto Rico
- 2 oz sparkling rosé Champagne
- ½ oz fresh orange juice, chilled
- 1 oz Campari, chilled
Mix all ingredients in a Champagne flute. Garnish with orange rind curls.
- ½ oz vanilla vodka
- 1 oz chocolate liqueur
- 1 oz Chambord
- 1 oz half-n-half
Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake well and strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with raspberries.