Dr. Bob De Maria, natural health practitioner, and author of the bestseller, Dr. Bob’s Guide to Balancing Female Hormones, is an expert on using food and nutrition to increase health and wellness. Instead of pills and prescriptions, his research has shown that positive change can happen when you make adjustments to your diet.
Dr. Bob hosts a regular Google+ Hangout to talk healthy eating for summer. Join him for healthy tips on nutrition, and listen as he shares his experience on using foods as medicine.
Here are his top 5 tips to eating better, and creating a more fit and healthy lifestyle:
Eat More Green Foods
1. Implementing green foods into your daily diet is an absolute must. Foods like kale and collard greens are a great and ample source of magnesium. For best results sauté or steam but remember never overcook your greens.
Choose Brown Rice Instead of Pasta
2. Brown rice should be the go-to choice when choosing grains or carbs. Make sure to pick brown over white as the rice is an excellent source of Vitamins B which are commonly depleted in women who have an increased tendency to cry.
Pass the Mustard
3. Pass on the ketchup and stick with mustard. Mustard is a logical condiment with anti-tumor properties found in the turmeric.
Apples + Cinnamon Provide Fiber & Insulin
4. Maximize the benefits of apples and for this individuals who find it a bit difficult to eat raw try sautéing apple wedges with a splash of cinnamon which helps your body use insulin more efficiently.
Eat Onions for Joint Health
5. Onions are great for flavoring food but also a “must” addition to any meal, sautéed or raw, as it promotes joint health.
Crunchy Means Nutrition
6. Never overcook vegetables. Whether they’re peas, carrots or broccoli remember to get the most out of the nutrients by cooking, sautéing or steaming vegetables the right way. If you’re worried a little worried don’t shy yourself from extra texture and crunch.
About Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, The Drugless Doctor, is a Natural Health practitioner dedicated and driven to help the general public implement a healthier, all natural and drugless lifestyle. After witnessing the severity of health implications in thousands of patients he seeks to inform and educate individuals to achieve optimal health the body deserves. His extensive research and experience has allowed him to discover techniques to increase the overall quality of life. Dr. Bob is also the author of Amazon’s Best Seller, Bob’s Drugless Guide to Balancing Female Hormones,” alongside six other books and a re-release coming out mid-May, “Dr. Bob’s Guide to Optimal Health.”
Get more healthy eating tips from Dr. Bob, and answers to your health related questions on YouTube and Twitter via @DruglessDoctor, hashtag #AskDrBob. Find more on his website at DruglessDoctor.com.