Although complex craft cocktails and mixology bars are currently all the rage, not everyone wants to wait 8 minutes for a cocktail to be shaken, strained, poured, and lit on fire. This week, take it easy, and try something all American, home grown, and totally tasty with this riff on a vodka gimlet.
Crave Local Test Kitchen
- 1 1/2 oz American Harvest Organic Vodka (Idaho)
- 1 oz Imbue Vermouth (Oregon)
- 3 dashes Scrappy’s Orange Bitters (Washington)
- Splash of club soda (We used Q Soda from New York)
- Orange peel or slice for garnish
Mix vodka, vermouth, and bitters in a shaker over ice. Shake well, strain into a martini glass. Garnish with an orange slice or peel, squeezed gently over the glass. Top with soda. Serve up.