A taste of what you will experience:
- Learn about chocolate with presentations by award winning chocolate makers
- Crush cacao beans by hand using traditional tools
- Meet cacao farmers from Ecuador and Peru
- Learn to taste and distinguish fine chocolate from different origins around the world
- Taste and experience fresh cacao fruit direct from the cocoa tree, a rare experience in the United States
- Discover the health benefits of chocolate
- Watch the live chocolate making from bean to bar
- Learn how to temper chocolate, make truffles and ganaches, and fine desserts
- Seduce your senses in the Aphrodisiac Room
- Expand your palate with chocolate and drink pairings
The festival features 16+hours of chocolate culinary demonstrations at the culinary kitchen, taste after taste in the Chocolate Dessert and Confection Room, two full days of talks on chocolate making, trade equity and cocoa agriculture in the World of Chocolate Room. Watch hands-on demonstrations crushing cacao beans at the stage in the bean to bar education room, live bean to bar chocolate making demonstrations, a kids zone and more than 70 classes on tasting, sourcing and working with chocolate in just two days! You can also enjoy wine, coffee, tea, and beer paired with chocolate in the Beer and Wine Garden.
The NWCF Chocolate Academy includes your very own Chocolate Tasting Passport to track the Chocolate Origins and Chocolate Makers, You will be able to Get Stamps at Culinary Classes, by Tasting Chocolate and listening to Talks by Chocolate Makers. At the end of the day or weekend you will receive your own Masters in Chocolate Level 1 or Level 2 Certificate when you turn in your stamped passport. Includes Annual Membership to the NWCF Chocolate Academy. All ages are welcome to join!
VIP Tickets include a Weekend Pass to the Festival and you will receive an invitation to the “Meet the Maker” opening reception wine and chocolate night (limited entry VIP and Media only) plus get special invitations to pre-festival VIP only events the week before the festival such as the intimate chocolate tasting workshop and the private VIP dessert class along with the wine and chocolate social night. VIP includes the Chocolate Academy Certificate and also gets you a complimetary tasting flight in the Beer, Wine, Cider and Cocktail Garden in the festival weekend.
The festival is held at the Washington State Convention Center in downtown Seattle, WA, located on the corner of 8th and Pike Street.
Festival admission for one day is $30 and $60 for two days at the door. You buy tickets online by clicking here.
Don’t want to buy tickets? We’ll be giving two away for Sunday, September 30th! Interested? Tweet us at @CraveLocalSEA with “I want to win tix to @nwchocolate with @CraveLocalSEA! http://bit.ly/QCyi6a” by Wednesday, September 26th at 5 p.m. PST. I’ll tweet the winner that evening!
Source: NW Chocolate Festival