April 18th, bartenders battle to be the next rising star on the cocktail scene.
Support your favorites as these throw down, shake, and pour with precision gearing up for the coveted spot of being featured at the fabulous San Diego Spirits Festival in August.
The first of the 2013 Bartender Battle series is scheduled for
April 18 at the W San Diego Rooftop at 6pm – 9pm.
RSVP to [email protected]
Guest DJ TRIO CAPPA REGIME
Bartenders will be challenged to create a cocktail on the fly in front of the judges. Participating Spirit Brands will all be at the Festival in August, (Brand names will be kept a secret till the battle).
Attendees can cheer on their favorite bartender, and they will have the opportunity to sample the competitor’s drinks. There will be drink and food specials. This event will kick off the 2013 series, with two more events lined up in the coming months, The winner of each event will move on to the final, Ultimate Battle at The San Diego Spirits Festival in August and secures serious credibility and bragging rights among industry peers.
• Jennifer Queen – Prep Kitchen
• Oscar Takahashi – Mindful Mixology (he won the battle last year)
• Mario Marquez – Master Tequilier/ director Magia Azul Tequila Consulting
• Frankie Thaheld – Snake Oil Cocktail Company
• Cervantes Magaña – proprietary director of Medicine Show, Bar Consulting and Tonic Creation
• Shawn Findley – Guava Beach Bar & Grill
• Camron Zibaie – Voyeur
• Antonio Gonzales – The Tavern
• Scott Moises – La Valencia
• Evgeny Anisimov – US Grant
• Pedro Melgar Flores – Polite Provisions
• Sonny Jensen – Leroy’s Kitchen + Lounge
• Chris Burkett – Cusp Dining & Drinks
• Chris Burmeister – Hiatus Lounge
• Valerio Nieto– Meze Café & Grill
• Terrence Mooney – W San Diego
• Giovanni Liabile – Ocean Avenue Brewery – From Laguna Beach