On April 27-29th, 2012, The Festival of Chocolate returns once again to Orlando, bringing sweets lovers an event not to be missed. Because 5 just wasn’t enough, here is our top 6 list of things you need to check out at the festival.
1. Demonstrations by World Class Pastry Chefs…David Ramirez, past Captain of the USA Pastry Team; Steven Rujak, Pastry Chef of the Year; National 1st Place Cake Champion, Mercedes Strachwsky and Master Chocolatier Bernie Schaked give guests an up-close look at everything chocolate. From a “how to” on tasting chocolate and secretes on using chocolate in savory dishes to the intricate creation of sugar and chocolate embellishments.
2. Cocoa Couture Fashion Show… 18 up and coming designers have sewn, stitched and eaten their way to the creation of couture designs using candy bar wrappers. Dresses will walk The Festival of Chocolate Yumway on Friday Night, April 27 at 8pm. Dresses will be on display throughout the weekend and guests can cast their vote for the Fan Favorite.
3. Live Chocolate Competitions…Chocolate Showpiece, Wedding Cake and Pastry School Dessert Competitions…these live events will showcase the best of the best in a battle for the most incredible creations. Hosted Live by a top Pastry Chef, guests can interact with the Competitors as they watch skill, talent and the stress of a timed competition come together to create stunning showstoppers.
4. Chocolate and Wine Pairings…. This guided, interactive class will have you nibbling, sipping, laughing and learning how to identify the complimentary flavors in two of life’s greatest pleasures.
5. Live Cake and Chocolate Sculptures… Relax your feet in our Chocolate Chill Lounge and inspire your mind with Food Network Winner Paul Joachim as he creates artistic life-size sculptures out of cake and ganache.
6. Chocolate Classes… You will rarely find these Chocolate Masters teaching such intensive hands-on programs outside of their professional school or work environment. If you want to hone your skills, are a budding Chocolatier, want to make better chocolate products at home or are interested in the fine art of chocolate, this is the place for you!
THE EVENT DETAILS:
April 27-29, 2012
- April 27, 2012 4pm – 10pm
- April 28, 2012 10am – 6pm
- April 29, 2012 10am – 5pm
For Schedule, Tickets & Class Registration, go to FestivalofChocolate.com.